View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2018, 12:24 am   #2
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Decca model 81...Help I have just moved house and need to sell but not sure on va

It's probably the Deccalia [circa 1957] Lucy. It has three speeds so it can play vinyl records. The first version seems to be a decade earlier and 78's only!
There is no reason to suspect the paperwork is anything other than original so that adds value I suppose. Items like this [ie record players in particular] have shot through the roof in recent years due to a dubious "retro" boom. It's a bit of a shark tank now and sadly, you can never be quite sure who you are dealing with these days! However, I'm very impressed that you even recognise the enthusiast aspect and are concerned about it. Who restored this for you? The strictly financial approach would probably be to start around [maybe £100] although others may well disagree on all levels. Alternatively you might make a choice on other grounds ie appropriateness but dealers could be circling already . If you offer it here [instead of on an auction site] you will HAVE to state a price so that makes it much more difficult perhaps. I hope that helps you a little!

Dave W