View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2022, 3:10 am   #47
hamid_1
Heptode

Default Re: Retro Computer Festival 5th/6th Nov 2022

Went on Saturday and met Timbucus for the first time, plus Pamphonica demonstrating his HP plotters with another forum member Chris. This was my first visit to the centre. There was a massive amount of vintage computers crammed into a unit on an industrial estate. Nearly all were set up and working. Quite a lot of the computers were ones I recognised, had used or owned in the past, a few are in my collection, but plenty of them were new to me. Here's a selection.

Nintendo Family Computer with keyboard and disk drive, plus Philips Videopac G7200 with built-in monitor, both were game consoles that could be used as computers.

Various school classroom computers from the 80s being used by much younger museum visitors, a display of Tandy TRS-80 computers and near clones (Dragon 32), Pamphonica's plotters, a recreation of a late 1970s office with CBM Pet computer and portable monochrome TV showing old Granada Television programme clips and adverts. Also in the 70s office (not pictured) a Sanyo Betacord piano-key VCR, Pye flip clock radio, ashtray and a touch-tone Statesman style telephone (wrong decade?).

More to follow ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	famicomp.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	267588   Click image for larger version

Name:	80sclass.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	267589   Click image for larger version

Name:	trs80clones.jpg