View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2022, 11:52 pm   #44
Phil__G
Octode

Default Re: Retro Computer Festival 5th/6th Nov 2022

What a brilliant weekend, so much to take in...
Great to physically meet up with long-time net-mates, even the big names were pleasantly approachable and it seemed no-one tired of explaining the same piece of kit for the umpeenth time over! Especially nice to finally meet Tim the Welsh Wizard, Realtime, Colin, Spencer (RC2014), Neal & John (Nascom) Doug Rice and many more names I'll remember after I click 'Post'

All the favourite retro chips were represented in one way or another, several SC/MPs, Chris & Daves 6800s, a 2650, loads of 6502s and of course Z80s & 8080s, I but I was particularly taken by the Gigatron, I'd heard of this TTL computer but didnt realise what a neat & capable little machine it was. Throughout the show the technical level of the homebrewed equipment was just astonishing.

I wasnt really an exhibitor as such but I took a few bits & bobs, the Aitken SC/MP running Kitbug via a Tandy 100 terminal, the little 6802 playing nought-&-crosses, a PICL flashing its LEDs, the Elf sending morse code, the Southern Cross Z80 built only last week, and the Japanese 1802 board running Adventureland. All run from batteries to avoid hogging the mains sockets!

Back home now and my brain is still buzzing, so much to take in. Brilliant.
Cheers all and thanks again to Tim for looking after a retro-fair first-timer!
Phil

Last edited by Phil__G; 6th Nov 2022 at 11:59 pm.