View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2022, 5:19 pm   #28
cmjones01
Nonode

Default Re: Retro Computer Festival 5th/6th Nov 2022

Due to a change of plans I'm now expecting to be in Cambridge on the 5th, so I've just booked my ticket to the event. My house is only a few minutes' walk from the Centre for Computing History and I have a modest lab setup there, so if anyone finds themselves in urgent need of a scope, power supply or soldering iron I might be able to help!

Regarding travel there, Saturday and Sunday traffic around the Coldham's Lane/Newmarket Road junction is usually horrific. The concentration of big shops usually means lots of traffic jams at popular times. If coming by car, try to approach CFCH from the East along Coldham's Lane. You won't waste as much time in traffic jams. There is plenty of parking at the retail parks over the bridge, but that can get congested. It may not be too hard to find on-street parking in the streets to the south of Coldham's Lane. There are no restrictions there as far as I remember, though there are some width restrictions which are good for practising precision driving! I'll be going by bike...

Chris