View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2020, 8:53 am   #4
knorxou
Triode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvistor View Post
I read that already. I couldn't find the single voltages for the different pins. It gives great detail on how a lot of things are wired to the microcontroller but not what input voltages are required for the turntable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben View Post
Trying to isolate the turntable from the machine seems pretty pointless, as it is not a separates system. You will still have that extra lump with the amp and cassette deck sitting there doing nothing whatever you do!

I would try and fix the power supply first. Probably just an open circuit resistor.

I actually wanna get rid of all the rest. I can just feed the audio into my own preamp circuit and I already isolated the button panel controlling the turntable. I just need to supply the turntable with the correct voltages through that 6 pin connector, but for testing purposes it would of course be very helpful to have the power supply running again.

There is this big board on the back of the machine that houses the power supply and the amp. I counted five fuses (is that what you mean by circuit resistor?) they all seem to be working. Are there more underneath or is there maybe a temperature switch inside the big transformer brick? It got really warm after my accident (I didn't check if it did that before though)