View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2019, 4:05 pm   #1
space_charged
Hexode

Default Ferguson 204 XL wireless

I have acquired a Ferguson short wave wireless. It covers HF in four bands and also has MW. I can't find any service or other information about it. The wireless I have is just the chassis screwed down to a plank of wood! It has an extra RF amplifier stage and combined with HF split into four bands it is almost a communications receiver. It has a magic eye tuning indicator. The valve line-up suggests an American connection - 6SK7, 6SK8.

I have searched for Ferguson 204 XL but can't find anything about it. Was this maybe a kit sold to radio amateurs ? I'm wondering if it ever was in a proper cabinet. Also possibly army/forces?

I have restored it to good working condition. Also checked the calibration of the scales. They were remarkably close to what they should be. There is a board with lots of beehive trimmers and coils to adjust them. Thankfully the board is marked to indicate which applies to what scale.

Any information about this set would be appreciated. I can live without a circuit diagram for it, but would be nice to have one.
C