View Single Post
Old 17th May 2019, 10:58 pm   #21
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Sinclair Microvision from the NVCF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_FM View Post
I know Sinclair made some other test equipment, particularly a digital multimeter which used a case from one of their calculators.
That would be the PDM35, and they also sold the PFM200 Frequency meter made in the same 'Cambridge' calculator body as well. I have an 'acquired' example of the former and a from-new example of the frequency meter although that is in very heavily used condition now. I also have a digital storage unit in the same type of case as the SC110 scope and intended as an add-on for it, although that is Thandar branded and I'm not sure if that was ever a Sinclair product.

For a few years I worked as a field engineer, including on door entry systems, and as McMurdo pointed out, the side-entry tube used in the later generation of Sinclair mini CRT TVs was widely used in video type door entry phones which let the tenant see who was at the door. I also had a portable leather cased monochrome monitor - intended as a CCTV engineer's tool - which used the same type of side-entry CRT.