View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2009, 9:14 pm   #2
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Transferring VHS to DVD?

Hi Dave. I bought a basic combi [one touch] job from Maplin to go with a portable TV [Freecycle]. The combis were £99 [no built in digi tuner]. Most people use the Computer but I struggle. Also, with a huge pile of tapes there is some advantage in having a dedicated unit not tying up anything else while you copy. It's probaly not the cheapest option if you already have a PC and something to play tapes on but it could be more domestically convenient to have your own "transfer suite". It's a bit a time consuming job, especially when those video "nuggets" are unearthed.
My earliest video is circa 82. I think the tape medium is proven to be [generally] pretty long lasting by now Digi mediums are a bit Abba [take a chance on me] but I think I'm getting converted. Essential given my embarrassing No of videos. A row of 100 Cd's/DVD's is still only about the lengh of one video tape [in paper sleeves]. Going backo the original question, if you've ony got 50 tapes I suspect that a bit of software is all you need. Over to the more enlightened experts.
Dave W
dave walsh is offline   Reply With Quote