View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2019, 11:27 pm   #1
fastdave
Retired Dormant Member

Default Help with alignment of a Sobell 515P

Two edged tale here from someone involved in the digital world too long - I now have 3 valve amplifiers, a Murphy 122m, a PYE 48A, a Phillips in the loft (can't remember it's No.) and they all work.
Some time ago, I indulged myself in a 'FeelTech' signal generator, which seems capable of delivering all sorts of signals.
I recently Acquired a Sobell 515P - absolutely no sensible signal. I fear the alignment has been seriously tampered with, for on the allowed 1 turn back or forward, I can create whistles and burps, but no good signals.
My problem? I have no clue how to inject signals - I even have a 'scope, with no idea where to look. Can anyone direct me on how to inject IF and RF, and where to look whilst 'peaking the coils? - I think I have to use a capacitor to input, but where to look with the scope? Do I create a coil for the Genny to give the 475 to the Arial? Can the genny input direct to a grid?
I think you'll see that I am untrained in good ole' am fault tracing - any quick lessons?
Dave - ex audio engineer, turned industrial electronics, electro mechanical, then AP now retired.