Thread: R1155
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2015, 9:17 pm   #1
Waler97
Retired Dormant Member

Default R1155

Hello all. This is my very first post so please bear with me.

I acquired an R1155 just before Christmas, something I have wanted for ages. It has been modified, but is still recognisable as an 1155, having a built in PSU, RF gain and a better BFO control amongst other things. I paid £40 for it from a friend who had had it sitting in a garden shed for a number of years, and besides the usual problems with a Hunts smoothing cap (which cooked itself and took a resistor as well), I've had no problems at all with it at all. It works perfectly. Having made sure it works reliably and safely, I've turned my attention to the aesthetics of the machine. The aluminium of the case has corroded slightly in areas. This has caused the paint in affected areas to flake off. Also, there is a lot of what appears to be dust which is reluctant to budge. I have tried spraying it and wiping it off with Servisol cleaner but it doesn't want to move. I was therefore wondering if anybody had any suggestions on:

A. How to clear the dust off of the case?
B. how to alleviate the corrosion?
C. techniques with regards to repainting the case and the front panel such that an even coat is applied and only where it needs to be applied (no chance of it seeping onto the transfers or the dial glass)?

Many thanks

PS Photos attached for those who are interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_4060.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	107176   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_4058.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	107177   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141219_185353.jpg
Views:	239