Thread: Emi Tr-90
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2005, 8:36 pm   #3
terry123
Pentode

Default Re: Emi Tr-90

Yes nice machines these ! Regarding the meter glass, a trip to your local glazing shop with the pattern/shape of the glass drawn through from the rear of the front cover (plus a little extra to allow for the correct fitting/ overlap) should only cost a few pennies. I had to do this originally with the large taylor meter fitted on one channel of my BTR/4. Do not use super glue when refitting. Araldite is by far the best in these situations and make sure the inside of the meter cover is scraped clean of old glue and muck proir to re fitting to ensure a snug, neat fit. 2mm picture (or float glass as they used to call it) glass will do the job a treat!

The machines were in production for a fair time and would suggest a check of serial numbers (IE: low / high)might help determine newer or older versions, bearing in mind that they were not sold in any great numbers and that some were being advertised as new/ surplus as late as the mid 1960's by surplus dealers.

I have some mod sheets somewhere detailing production changes with issue dates etc

You could also try the EMI archive, as they should have docs and info on these machines. Generally photocopy and postage costs are payable for this service. I originally got my EMI "Direct to Disk" recorder info this way.

regards

Terry Martini