View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2020, 9:41 am   #27
mole42uk
Nonode

Default Re: Help! JLH RIAA pre-amp

Thank you David, and Peter.

A couple of years ago when I first started this project by buying a couple of JLH Class-A power amplifier kits, I was exploring his own pre-amp designs and the discussion between himself and Walker. I think I was persuaded to go along the JLH shunt feedback route because he appeared to claim that listening tests had decided that low-frequency artefacts are more significant than high-frequency ones. As a musician, I was persuaded by the ears rather than the slightly less penetrable mathematics of Mr. Walker.

Since most of my electronics working life has been involved with glassware (except for the couple of years playing with early microprocessors), making an acceptable audio amplifier using discrete transistors would be in interesting and educational project. I perhaps forgot to include in my thoughts that there might be some frustration along the way.

Right now I think I'll dig out a couple of 5534's and see if I can refresh the RIAA section since the remainder of the amplifier works quite well.

Index:
recursive loop: see recursive loop