View Single Post
Old 12th May 2010, 1:53 pm   #34
dominicbeesley
Octode

Default Re: Oh no - another V4!

Thanks Pete,

I've got a tube of black sticky stuff somewhere which I beleive is some sort of rubber compound (like silicone but supposed to be low acid) I may well try that after I've worked out whether the black is conductive.

I had a bit of a poke round with a scope last night. Something resembling an unhappy video signal is getting as far as the video detector but not much further so I'll try and replace the recitifier tonight.

Also did some basic measurements round the line stage with a scope. It looks to be about 10kHz with the line control turned all the way up.

Also the drive levels look close but not quite about 30% down, HT is about 10% down. Drive from the bistable looks a bit flattened off at the top so will check for any out of tolerance resistors tonight....

When dosing off last night I started to wonder if the funny grid behaviour is down to leakage in the CRT socket. This is a rather flimsy pair of paxolin boards with pin-sockets and a few rivets there's a lot of crap on there and probably more between the two bits of paxolin. Not sure if cold measurements will give me a sensible answer or not but will give it a go. If it looks duff I'll try and make something up from fibre-glass and re-use the pin-sockets.

Dom