View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2006, 7:50 pm   #6
Panrock
Nonode

Default Re: My Christmas present to myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppppenguin View Post
If it complies with the original Baird standard or the 32 line SSTV standard then Darryl's first converter will work. That's the more expensive multistandard design, not the popular £150 unit.
From the handbook, downloadable as a .pdf from
http://www.nbtv.wyenet.co.uk/hot.htm this appears to be a 30-line (not 32-line) system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
Thanks for that Jeffrey, I have been musing with feeding the audio from The Dawn Of Television CD ROM 30-line recordings to it, presumably these may give a fair picture if it is 30-lines?
Yes this should indeed be possible, even though it apparently won't work from the readily-available NBTVA CDs.

I should also be able to plug one of the colour channels from my 30-line mechanical camera into it for live pictures - and also view the kit CD at higher quality (in one colour) on my monitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Manton View Post
"The image is tricky to view as you have to sit dead square onto the tiny image and it's ever harder to film. The light diffusor works ok on the naked eye but the LED appear to shine straight through and into the camera lens causing an annoying hot spot on the movie. Also the annoying vertical black bar you see scanning over the image is an artefact generated by the lack of synchronisation between the televisor and my digi-cam. You don't see that in real life."
When trying to film my own system off-screen, I didn't have this LED shine-through problem, as my monitor has 120 LEDs (not 1) and they all mix on a diffusing screen behind the disc. However I did have the black bar problem. So that animation I recently posted was assembled from individual still frame captures.

See also http://www.nbtv.org/kit.htm for useful detailed photos of this new kit.

Steve