View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2018, 11:18 pm   #15
Skywave
Rest in Peace

Arrow Re: Info. on 'phone requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePillenwerfer View Post
There should be about 50V there if no telephones are off-hook and if you lift one it will drop to about 10V.
Yes: I have now verified that: thank you. However, I have now reached the conclusion that the source of the fault is in the 'phone itself - an intermittent fault. (I acquired this 'phone via Freecycle: that may be relevant. I have a need coming up soon for another 'phone here).

This 'phone has a push button labelled 'ON / OFF'. When in the OFF position, it functions as an ordinary 'dumb' 'phone. When in the ON position (an LED lights) and an incoming call is received, placing the 'phone down on its rest results in the call not being terminated but the sender's voice emanates from the built in speaker. That is when the fault is not present; when it is present, that voice from the speaker is absent. (I wonder if this 'phone has a corresponding microphone, thus enabling 'hands-free' operation? )
So, to me, this fault sounds like typical 'sticky switch' syndrome: either the ON / OFF switch or the 'phone handset down' switch.

What does not help, of course, is that my 'diagnostic' tests and conclusion are based on a fair degree of inspired guesswork, since I do not have the user's operating manual. But the info. I have received (as above) has been a real help: thank you.

Aside: I am yet to investigate what I believe are the stored numbers memory buttons. To me, it seems sensible to clear the above fault first.

Al.