View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2019, 6:17 pm   #46
af024
Octode

Default Re: Bell and Howell TQII 1652 16mm projector

I need to see if I can understand post #42. Perhaps I could just ditch the connector to save fiddling with difficult soldering around the zener(s) and just use some temporary wiring with thick bear tinned copper wire poked into the socket. I'll see. I still need to try the signal generator idea too.

I think the tacho signal was circa 29V peak to peak regardless of whether it was connected to the module or not, but I will check.

Yes that's what I'm worried about - stripping off component identities or even melting them! I my yet pluck up some courage though.

Losing an entire tower's worth of film horrifies me!

Techman, wow, that's a great find. How interesting! Sorry, in my excitement, I forgot to say something about your lump. Yes they are very heavy and may well (if you have enough of them) damage ceilings etc. Your example doesn't look too horrendous to me (as regards a worm gear transplant that is), just keep everything meshed as is (assuming that nothing has slipped), mark everything up and off you go. No sure if you'll need some Bristol Tools however (they looks a bit like Torx, but they aren't - typical eh!).

Thank you again.

Andy