View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2017, 10:08 am   #12
sunthaiboy
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Monster Pantry Transmitter

I think the lower section was all that was intended, using mostly very early (1930's) valves. I will generate a valve line up when I get the chance. I suspect the top (PA) section was the RF equivalent to a slug of nitrous oxide...... I hope to come across the circuit diagram at some point....in David's vast shed of electronics. The RGD radiogram(s) he had covered 4megs on SW. The XLR (balanced audio) I/P points to a way of getting near Hi-Fi AM broadcasts (1950's style), if you have no regards to bandwidth or how many channels you use. It's probably a purely academic build as it cannot be used (as has already been pointed out), but then buying or restoring a classic car and looking at it (never driving it), is in the same vain. Mind you, you could probably use such a transmitter in Ascension as you would need something a little more powerful to receive a QSL.......and who would ever stop you if you were the senior communications controller?

I like to collect HF Military transmitters and build LF/HF amongst other things, which I cannot use, so I am probably cut from the same cloth.....Selling my house and buying a derelict, vandalised Ex MW Radio Station with no power, water or sewerage, sitting on a flood plane for use as a radio shack probably confirms my madness.

Last edited by sunthaiboy; 14th Nov 2017 at 10:13 am. Reason: words missing "if you"