View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2013, 1:47 pm   #29
Tim
Dekatron

Default Re: Remove those batteries when out of use!

I have found some of the supermarket brands to be the most un-leak prone, and Energisers to be some of the worst. Unfortunately though one can't rely on anything these days, and I do tend to remove them from anything that wont get used for a while, except meters and the like; then I use top quality alkalines for reliability.
Most batteries that are included with purchases do not pass go, and end up directly in the recycling pile, particularly if zinc carbon and the "no brand" Chinese ones. I have found they are more trouble than they are worth, and most are so cheap and nasty they look as though they are a leak waiting to happen. It might seem a waste, but I am of the opinion it works out cheaper in the long run and is actually greener if your stuff doesn't get ruined(and has to be disposed of causing you to buy a new whateveritis.....).Sometimes though one gets some branded "industrial" alkalines which are usually kept.