View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2020, 11:10 pm   #2
PaulM
Hexode

Default Re: BBC MCR21 outside broadcast van progress report

Can I just add that this isn't the only such project!

We've been beavering away recreating a 1950s BBC OB truck to full working condition for some years and we're now almost there - funded completely from private money and done with 100% graft. MCR21 has had Lottery money, we've done it 'the other way' which has meant some very long hours.

I'm sure people will have seen reference to our Project Vivat so I won't go on about it, but we do seem to be forgotten when MCR21 is mentioned

We too are a registered charity and have several other projects under our belt with full public presentation.

I've attached a few pics of how Vivat currently looks inside and out with a pic of how she arrived in two-tone grey.

Without Covid 19 we had planned to launch operationally this September but that is now delayed until the Spring when we will make our first 'programme' - Covid hopefully being in check by then.

Please don't forget us - we need money too (and help).
If you would like a copy of our newsletter, please PM me and we can add you to our list.

Broadcast Engineering Conservation Group (BECG), see: https://becg.org.uk/
BECG is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO), number 1189469.

Specifically: Project Vivat See: https://becg.org.uk/projects/project-vivat/
She will be the oldest fully operational TV OB truck in the world - so far as we know . . .
We've gone from a hulk fit for the scrap yard to something of significance, but there's still lots to do

Best regards,

Paul Marshall
Chairman
BECG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP7573.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	218556   Click image for larger version

Name:	BBC_Vivat_as_recovered.jpg
Views:	193