View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2017, 2:31 am   #12
emeritus
Dekatron

Default Re: Setting up a Betamax VCR to record Freeview and from my DVD player

Sorry Winston, but I did check with the distributors (Comet) who confirmed the absence of tuning the modulator of the later STB. I have now dug out the respective user manuals and extracts are attached: just noticed that, although both types of box have identical front panels and both are marked " F01SDB", the title of the manual for the earlier is "F01SDB" while the later is " F01SDBE".

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Page 22 of the earlier F01SDB manual explicitly says "You can change the set top box to a different transmitting channel".

Page 7 of the later F01SDBE manual at the lower reference (1) states that the output frequency is 503.25 ± 1 MHz, and lower ref (2) mentions the possibility of channel conflict but doesn't say how to resolve it!

Page 30 first paragraph says "You need to tune the TV to the set top box transmitting channel:..." There is no mention of any possibility of tuning the STB output to a different channel.

The tuning of the earlier box is done in software. There is nothing to twiddle in the later box and I have thoroughly explored all the menus in case there was something hidden. (That was the case with the Icecrypt STB, the manual of which was silent as to its modulator's ability to selectively output European PAL and NTSC as alternatives to GB PAL : I tested it using a multi-standard TV, and it worked.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Early FS01SDB.pdf (165.7 KB, 68 views)
File Type: pdf Late FS01SDBE.pdf (316.8 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by emeritus; 3rd Dec 2017 at 2:53 am.