View Single Post
Old 27th May 2018, 8:43 pm   #13
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Acknowledging replies in 'Repair & restoratiion sections

My original Grundig post was "silently suspended" AG or it looked like that at first. However I silently pm'd and got a silent response that explained things [entirely to my satisfaction]. I don't think I was that far off your original point in my post today, either, although I did say that I felt the rest of today's comment was a related matter and I'd come up with ideas myself similar to yours.

If your post didn't really qualify in the first place [the main point] then surely it wasn't really deleted [except in the most extreme technical interpretation] As the Mods team say, it's not always that easy and there has to be some filtering but what's the alternative Suggested solutions can simply provoke other problems as indicated.

Either way it's not personal [and I say that as someone who's had his own "moments of moderation" on the Forum]. I'm sorry it's been a bad experience for you but I believe that there are much more serious things to worry about [like the sort of behaviours I'd referred to previously] if the general good humour and tolerance here is to be maintained. Don't "mirror" the style of some of the newer enquiries please. It just becomes relentless!

Best Wishes,

Dave W

Last edited by dave walsh; 27th May 2018 at 8:53 pm.