View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2019, 1:41 pm   #23
Luxman1050
Octode

Default Re: Quad FM1 questions

Hi Frank
no I don't. I have a 70s venner oscillator. But would not be helpful as it's a dial as opposed to a screen.
I've checked everything on mono block and everything is spot on all wired correctly took a while as needed spec sheets for the valves as there not in order number wise on schematic.

P is on winding of the output tranny not marked but sits bottom end of Q winding.

The output on speakers more or less spot on reading 8.25ohms either side so cannot see that causing any form of distortion. Changing the Russian pio caps seems to have made slight difference. I have 2 in the pre amp so will remove those and put some polys in see if any improvement there.

Now the choke which I had brand new one made up on mono block is wired to the two turrets on opposite side of C5 and R12 I think that's the right way round not 100% sure as when I removed it it was covered in tar and wires broken off so was nothing to compare original connections to. So C5 and R12 not physically attached to choke. Would you know if that's right.

Anyhow thanks for advice Frank.

Cheers Chris