View Single Post
Old 25th May 2023, 2:57 pm   #175
Courtney Louise
Octode

Default Re: RetrotechUK May 21st

My partner Jacquie and I were both at Retrotech and loved every minute, As soon as I walked through the door I thought the venue was a much simpler flat layout.

The catering I found to be good overall but would probably take my own food next year. Drinks though at the van... When I went to buy tea one of the ladies serving was calling just drinks people forward to get them through quicker, so plus points for that.

Parking was horrendous. We arrived about 10:45 or so and were instructed to park on the overspill, even on production of a disabled badge. After a short discussion they let us through but then we're not allowed to park in the allocated disabled bays due to too many people walking around so got redirected to a small parking area by the staff car park.

I dread to think how other disabled folk who got there later coped.

Prices on the whole I thought were good, although a few typical traders trying to charge the earth for a few select pieces.

I did come away with a few cool items including a DKE38 and a very rare EU version of a Wireway Wire Recorder/PA/Broadcaster for what I thought was a very reasonable £40. The restoration of which is already underway.

As is was Jacquies first event I wasn't really sure how she would take it but she thoroughly enjoyed herself and even bought a small transistor radio for herself.

It was also great to catch up with some friends I hadn't seen for a year or so.

Thanks to all for making it such a great day..