View Single Post
Old 24th May 2023, 3:55 pm   #166
slidertogrid
Octode

Default Re: RetrotechUK May 21st

Yes true, If I had a high value item that was highly sort after I would ask around the higher end of what is was worth. The Transistor radios I sold I just priced at between £8 and £12. I didn't bother checking sold listings on ebay I just priced them at what I would pay if I wanted one. If I had a record of what they cost me I doubt many or any made me a profit it was just a clear out exercise. I just didn't want to pile it back in the car and take it home.
Others may have a different attitude I saw some stalls that still had most of what they started with towards the end - maybe some people just do it for a day out and don't care what sells and what doesn't ?

I saw a few potential buyers checking their phone to see what something was worth before entering into negotiation, (not my stuff I hasten to add). I had an item on the stall which my mate looked up on line. I had priced it at a tenner, my mate told me that they made between £50 and £100 on ebay and mine was NIB. As this was about lunchtime I was surprised it hadn't sold. I must admit I put it to one side at that point!

Some things will only sell of course if someone has a need for it, then price has a lower effect on saleability. You are unlikely to buy a load of TV droppers just because they are cheap if you don't collect TVs !

edit; crossed with Pauls post. Fair enough. delete this if it isn't helpful no problem!

Last edited by slidertogrid; 24th May 2023 at 3:57 pm. Reason: Post crossed.