View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2023, 9:17 pm   #8
Bazz4CQJ
Dekatron

Default Re: Good sources of high temp enamel paints.

Trimite might or might not make good paint, but I really hate their website. A search for "metal primer" gets no hits, but they certainly have several.

Most unusually, you cannot get the Safety Data Sheet for any of their paints unless you ask for it by email. Why important, well, for example, they have a particular primer, and I'd like to know some details about it, but it seems like the only place that will tell you that is the SDS. It's very common now for paint makers to tuck key info that you'd expect to be in the Technical Data Sheet to be in the SDS's - I have at least 2 suspicions as to why that should be.

However, putting key info in the SDS and then not putting the the SDS on the website is odd; something I don't appreciate at all. The technical support you get from most paint companies is poor in my experience; different members of staff often giving different opinions

Like very many "traditional" UK paint-makers, Trimite looks to be part of a multinational conglomerate now.

B

Last edited by Bazz4CQJ; 23rd May 2023 at 9:23 pm.