View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2023, 6:59 pm   #11
Superscope
Octode

Default Re: Tandy, Radio-Shack catalogues and history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Stenning View Post
If anyone does scan some UK ones I'd be happy to host them on https://www.vintage-radio.info/ where they can be freely downloaded.
Thanks Paul, that's a very generous offer.

I was trying to decide whether I wanted to get involved in another Mammoth Forum Project
after the Avo Multimeter Survey, but since there seems to be quite a bit of interest in this,

Maybe we could start with getting a list together of which Catalogues are available amongst
Forum members for Scanning., before worrying about who will actually Scan them.

There has to be the assumption of course, that the act of scanning will destroy the catalogue
in it's retail condition, so submissions of catalogues would need to take this into account.
Although, I think it would be possible to Scan an intact Catalogue with just minor Spine wear.

If anybody has Tandy Catalogues available for this project, maybe they could post the Years
here, or PM me and I will keep a list.

I believe Tandy opened their first store in the Uk in 1973, so I guess that was the first Uk Catalogue.

Of course, the dreaded copyright will need to be researched, and I'm not sure who owns
that, but I think it might be "Car Phone Warehouse" who I think bought out Tandy Uk from Radio Shack
when they started winding down.

Ian