View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2020, 8:31 am   #49
stevehertz
Dekatron

Default Re: Early personal computers - what for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley118 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehertz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by matherp View Post
I programmed an assembler routine that was then installed in one of the spare EPROM slots used for downloading ambulatory ECG recordings off a tape recorder, summarizing the data and making it available for the clinicians to use
You may as well be talking Swahili. No disrespect meant to you my friend of course! just once again, telling it like it is! I'm the fool. And yet I don't feel I've missed out on anything? I mean, you can only do so much in a lifetime and I guess I didn't have 'time' to do programming and coding. But.. I've done a lot of other stuff that maybe others would be envious, especially in the 'vintage audio & visual equipment' field. We're all different.
Wow! Bit abrupt Steve.

Not the greatest reception to our new forum member. Swahili?

Matherp is recounting interesting vintage technology of, I guess, 40 years ago. Up to you if you’re not interested in grasping it, but this is how today’s processor based electronics began. I guess that this will constitute an increasing proportion of forum content of the future - no doubt alongside continuing interest in grid leak detectors, tuned circuit Q values and output transformer ratios.

Electronics is always moving on. We’re a broad church.

Martin
Excuse me, if you read what I said I did say "no disrespect meant to you my friend". The comment is clearly made to demonstrate MY lack of understanding, there is nothing nasty at all about what I said. It's all light-hearted, and throughout this thread I have generally positioned myself as the fool. Yes we are all different, and that again is something that I said. Please, do not stir things up!

Last edited by stevehertz; 23rd May 2020 at 8:36 am.