View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2020, 11:15 pm   #1
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Telefunken M204 TS E2 Commenced

Made a start tonight checking out my Telefunken M204 TS E2, which arrived a few days ago. Unlike its rebadged sibling the Senator TT 494, it arrived with no shipping damage and good condition Perspex lid.

Condition wise looks reasonable from the front, quite tatty from the rear and inside.

3 of its 4 drive belts are missing with remaining belt (flywheel) possibly well stretched and like the Senator the capstan shaft is well off centre (to the left of) of the hole in the heads mounting plate. Heads look good condition and pinch roller is quite cracked and stiff to rotate.

When I removed the chassis from the case I found 2 springs inside, hopefully will find a home for these later. All 4 springy plastic bars to reset the tape counter segments are broken/missing, I found 2 remnants in the case.

The Mode selector switch is very stiff on its first 5 positions and will not switch to the last 2 positions including "Stereo".

Noticed that one of the internal fuses (315mA) has blown, hopefully that is not ominous.

Will fit a 3 core mains cable and plug and power up to see if motor runs and DC supplies come up, before doing anything else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Telefunken 204 #1.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	206492   Click image for larger version

Name:	Springs.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	206493