View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2020, 12:27 pm   #3
Petedox
Pentode

Default Re: Quad II Nameplates

Hi David, thanks very much for the detailed reply.

I see you have much experience in this area and the waterslide transfers certainly seem to be the way to go. The idea of using the transfer and then applying a 'tint' to the rear sounds a good way to start. To this end I've ordered some of the inkjet transfer sheets you have recommended and will get hold of some thin perspex sheet.

I guess quite a few of us have more time than we thought during lockdown to persue this hobby, and perhaps more time to experiment as well! So I will try some different approaches along the lines that you have suggested, and may perhaps upload the results at a future date, although it's very early days yet - I have literally just removed the badges prior to a strip down and repaint etc (they're quite rusty, with some evidence of a decent repair, but otherwise pretty unmolested).

So thanks again for your help David, I really appreciate the work you have done to 'tidy up' the badge, and the photo examples you have shown. A time consuming reply for you, but typical of the support you seem to give to all members! Cheers.

Pete