Thread: Philips 970
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2011, 11:12 pm   #12
kockica13
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Philips 970

Hi folks,
Sorry for misunderstanding, smaller belt thickness is 2mm, and larger is 1.5mm as westcliff has observed. I'll say that is approximately, because I measured it with ordinary meter, so it's not very accurate, and I didn't know if those are typical values.
I'm not sure what is the difference between idler's (idler tyres) and pinch roller. I tried on the web but I didn't find something suitable.
Anyway picture says more than a word so here are few of the pictures.
Pic 1: what was problem with tuner part
pic 2: original pinch roller ( idler?)
pic 3: state of original
pic 4: in the tape deck it is first wheel on the left. This is not original, I've tried to use some similar thing from car radio with cassette player, but it's smaller so it won't work. I've tried to use rubber hose mounted on the capstan shaft (I've found this word from scheme on the http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/pinch+roller) but it increases the playback speed to much. I tried to reduce playback speed in order to compensate but it's too fast even in minimum playback speed. Sorry if I'm not understandable.
Now there are two options, I can try to find a thinner hose or to find a suitable pinch roller / idler tyre.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	This was problem with tuner part.JPG
Views:	612
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	53638   Click image for larger version

Name:	original.JPG
Views:	473
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	53639   Click image for larger version

Name:	state of original.JPG
Views:	408