Thread: Skip find Ultra
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2017, 2:07 am   #22
1100 man
Octode

Default Re: Skip find Ultra

Excellent find Steve, You must have better quality skips up there Indeed it is pretty much the same chassis as the 'Spacemaker' although there are various minor circuit variations.
Yours does look a tad worse then Symons but it will be interesting to see what it's like after a good clean up. How rusty is the chassis metalwork??
It has quite a low valve count due to the circuit economies- for instance the reflex sound. Near the start of the 'Pilot PT650 Spacemaker thread' is a link to the trader service info & circuit although I prefer the one in the R&TV servicing book (which I can give you a copy of if you need it).
I hope you persevere with it but if you decide it isn't for you, I would be very glad to give it a home- it would go nicely with the Pilot and I do so love a basket case!!
By the way, the Pilot project is still very much ongoing, I've just got rather sidetracked with the GEC at the moment!
The circuit states that two different tuners were fitted although they don't give them names. Mine & Symons have Fireballs and Steve's has the other type- does that have a name?
I shall watch progress with interest and hopefully some more pictures once the cabinet is removed.
All the best
Nick