View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2021, 10:30 pm   #18
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Yet another MK14 tape interface (ESP32).

You seem pretty comfortable mucking about with SC/MP code so I wonder how you go about writing code - do you do it on a PC with a cross assembler? Or do you do it 1978 style in hex and on the machine itself?

If you write it off-machine then the ability to save code from the machine is arguably redundant, as is the jump offset calculator and maybe even the single step facility, so there's more PROM you could free up to do synchronous serial upload from Intel Hex, which would let the uploader place the code at the right address automatically.

When I made the keypad injection loaders the main aim was to alter absolutely nothing on the MK14, including the PROM contents, because the only MK14 I had at the time was my original issue II MK14. I've since built one of Slothie's issue VI replicas and that is the main one I play with now.

People here are generally very generous about posting circuits and project code but I'm not trying to steamroller you into doing the same - if you are happy to post your code for your project then obviously we would be interested to see it.