View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2021, 7:40 pm   #64
Slothie
Octode

Default Re: MK14 Tape Interface

Not quite... some parts arrived for my Pi keypresser and I spent the day making up a 16 way cable and edge connector combo, and trying to get my head around the layout of the opto-couplers. It's surprising to me how few hours I get undisturbed without someone or other popping in to give me meds or take a test (we're being monitored twice a day for temp due to the covid thingie) or to bring in tea, or to chat.... I'm not complaining but it surprises me how little I get done considering I've basically only got to occupy myself.... Going to have another look at the tape thing tonight because its sparked my interest...

As for the delay thing, to be fair it does say in the Arduino docs online that the delay "becomes inaccurate" above about 16000 microseconds, although I'd say "wildly inaccurate" would be more the phrase. I'm going to just calculate the delay in milliseconds and microseconds and have 2 delays for the timings.I wasted a lot of time trying to do it in the preprocessor but that only seems to do 16 bit unsigned arithmetic and therefore percentage calculations were a bit beyond it. So I'm going to redo it all to do the calculations at runtime.