Thread: What's on TPTV
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2020, 2:18 pm   #10
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: What's on TPTV

I've just been looking at that Ken. I thought I may have missed it as with the Marconiphone short shown at 6am [post 6*] but as you say, it's on tonight at 6-30 PM !! [A full 25 minutes worth of the record Industry in 1949].

It's preceded by William Tell at 6pm who has a Scientist working for him. That series mixes it's era's a bit but it works.

There was a film [a Musical] about a 1935 Pirate Radio Station at 7-10am this morning "Big Ben Calling" but I didn't spot that one.

At 2-45pm today, a 15 minute short "Snowtime Serenade" Singer and Trio. Recommended.

Just finishing at the moment [1pm] is "Dilemma" [1962] fascinating, frantic, and really interesting. I've been exhausted just watching it previously. It's on again tomorrow but at 2-30 AM!

I really recommend printing out the guide, with a concise synopsis of each offering, from the TPTV Website. Apart from being accurate, it's a very useful future reference and memory aid. Once again the Radio Times TPTV listing continues to omit some prime items ie Showtime Serenade and It's in the Groove are not included there. I've probably missed a lot of good stuff by relying on RT. It seems to be averse to shorts in some way

Dave

Last edited by dave walsh; 8th Dec 2020 at 2:32 pm.