View Single Post
Old 24th May 2020, 10:18 am   #4
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Telefunken M204 TS E2 Commenced

Stripped, cleaned and lubricated several mechanical parts of the Mode Selector switch mechanisms, all of which were gummed up. Now operation not stiff but not as smooth as one might expect, I think just due to the design (how the teeth on a pawl ratchet segment engage with a little roller pin).

However during the above I realised that it was impossible for the mechanics to switch to the 6 positions marked on the switch control knob, it only can switch to 4 positions.

Comparing the switch operation to my Senator, I then realised that I had mixed up the 2 knobs between the 2 machines. Both knobs had been in the same component storage box and by mistake I picked up the Senator knob and fitted to the Telefunken.

The Senator is 4 track with 6 positions on the knob and the Telefunken is 2 track with 4 positions on the knob. Seems a stupid thing to do but I think at the time had not really released that the Telefunken was 2 track and therefore automatically assumed that the 2 control knobs were the same.

Next to test playback and record.