View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2016, 7:05 pm   #1
cathy_vintage
Pentode

Default Hi From Cathy Lissen/Eveready Kenilworth??

Well Hi from me... I just lumbered my poor husband with a 'car boot special' vintage radio that I just had to buy, as it is just like the one my much missed dad used to tinker with when I was a little girl.

It's marked Eveready on the tuning dial and stamped with that name on the rear of the cabinet top edge but sadly the rear panel is missing. We had guesses, when we bought it, on the year of manufacture and my other half guessed circa 1937 by the look of the valves. We have both scoured the net and found a 'trader' service sheet for a 1938 Lissen model which appears to have the same chassis. The chassis on mine is marked 5030092. Could this mean that the Eveready model was 5030, as we have found some references to that on the internet? I gather that Lissen became Eveready models circa 1938 and the factory was bombed around 1941.

I would love (my husband who is an electronics engineer ) to get this to work but he says it's in a very unsafe condition as the insulation on the wires is crumbling. He says he can test the transformers, insulation etc but he won't touch it until we can determine that we can either test or know we can get replacements for the 5 valves in it.

This is the link with the Trader Service sheet. The 1st valve in mine is an A36B made by Eveready, as in the circuit diagram for Lissen 8543 .. Can anyone tell us how to either test the valve or find replacements please... I desperately want to get this working as it bring back memories of my dear dad. My hubby has loads of test gear oscilloscopes and signal generators (all gobbydgook to me )

Cathy

http://www.nvhr.nl/gfgf/schema.asp?Z...sSubmitted=yes