View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2012, 8:48 pm   #13
bileaflet_valve
Tetrode

Default Re: The BBC 1-Valver - 2

The site has just had a major update. During the long pause since my last update in October, the site has been re-cast to allow for a wider treatment to Gilbert Davey's work. Much new material has been added - and there's more to come - but most of the material familiar to past visitors is still there.

To reflect this change of emphasis, the site is now hosted at a new web address: http://www.daveysradios.org.uk The old address ( http://www.thestudioeonevalveradio.org.uk ) still works but, if you use it, please make sure to refresh the homepage.

New material includes:-

The Focus Transistor Set - New page
With the kind permission of the BBC, the leaflet that accompanied Gilbert Davey's second BBC-tv series (March-April 1959) is available for dowload for personal use. Images were kindly supplied by the BBC's Written Archive Centre.

A message from Gilbert Davey's daughter
I was delighted to hear from Claire Davey (see NEWS AND LINKS page), who sent me photos and memories of her father, and put me on the track of an interesting newspaper article. This has allowed me to expand the GILBERT DAVEY page.

Expanded Source Pages
The previous "Davey Source List" page has now been expanded into four separate pages plus an introductory page (see DAVEY SOURCE PAGES). Three of these are substantially complete, with brief practical details of all projects published. A fourth page is present in outline form with some expanded detail, but already contains details of all projects in all three editions of "Fun with Short Waves / Short Wave Radio". So if you're searching for a Davey project you once built, it's already well worth scouring these new pages!

A "pukka" Studio E set
A correspondent has built a Studio 'E' one-valver according to the BBC leaflet. Pictures on the YOUR DAVEY SETS page.

I hope you enjoy the updated site.

Les.