Cobaltblue

Default Re: Vintage mobile phones

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyball View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/HL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyball View Post
All I need is a (tele)phone and to be able to send basic text messages. The "smartphone" is not for me.
I used to think that, and still don't play with it much, but many Sundays I have a bus journey to my old local pub which include a 40 minute hop on a wifi equipped omnibus. Reading the news is much preferable to staring out of the windows. As to the telephone side, £10 credit has lasted the best part of two years.

Staring out of the window will do fine for me
Everyone to their own of course but even my Dad who's 86 uses a smartphone.

I do thinks it's poor though that some buisnesses fail to realise not everyone is "on line" it's one of my Mum's pet hates!

He reads the news keeps up with sports scores, the weather, uses WhatsApp to keep in touch with his Children, Grand Children and now his Great Grandchildren.
He has a facebook acount, Email, and a Google account to Sync his device to his PC.
He plays computer games and computer scrabble.

He's also on PAYG and by getting WiFi where ever he goes it costs him Pennies.

He prefers WhatsApp to calls since he is hard of hearing and he enjoys the pictures and video of his extended family.

Mum on the other hand has a simple phone which she only has for emergencies but she does enjoy all the family stuff which Dad usaully shows her on the PC using WhatsApp Web, he's pretty Tech Savy considering he has never been in any Tech trade of any kind.

His phones get recycled as soon as they are replaced as they then become junk

Cheers

Mike T