Thread: Having a laugh?
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2017, 9:06 am   #47
D Cassidy
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Having a laugh?

Hello.
What an interesting read. The title of thread and some of the comments has made me chuckle.
I often feel sorry for today's generation and what they have missed out on. A friend of mine was telling me about his grandson, at 6 years old he can use a tablet, smartphone and all sorts of modern technology, he though hasn't a clue about older things and is disinterested. The thing is why would he be interested? We were all brought up with washing machines and cars so would we be interested in scrubbing boards and horse drawn carts? Somehow I doubt it.
I'm sure we will work out those who are genuine and not time wasters, some like the nostalgia of records because their dad had them or granny, they find a Dansette and come here for help. No doubt there are many that will only ask a few questions, they may give up or heed the advice, it's their prerogative to do either. It's up to us to give the advice in a consistent way with courtesy so that person feels comfortable. It's also a big plus for the forum and members, good publicity through word of mouth never goes wrong.
I do have a sneaky laugh at some questions made by people but this is in all walks of life, we all of course have to start at the beginning.