View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2018, 12:41 am   #8
G0HZU_JMR
Dekatron

Default Re: Electrolux Masterlux Wet and Dry Carpet Cleaner

Thanks. I think the most unreliable component is going to be the shampoo pump because of the gumming issue and also because it will eventually fail BER mechanically or electrically because of the nature of these vibration pumps. Otherwise this cleaner seems to be built to last a very long time.

I did some googling and the insides of the various Ulka pumps seem to be quite similar so it might be possible to swap internal parts between pumps. Otherwise, I couldn't find any service kits for them. Maybe this is because some of the smaller Ulka pumps are only £20 new.

But I couldn't find a drop in replacement for my pump amongst the latest range of Ulka pumps. Hopefully, you are correct and there will be an industrial pump that can drop in. My Ulka pump had loads of info stamped on the faceplate and this probably included flow rate and a few other relevant specs. It looks like the cleaner chassis can accept pumps of a different shape because the pump is effectively held in mid air between a couple of large rubber mounting washers.