View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2018, 9:24 pm   #13
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: ICE Speedmaster 1000 Eprom programmer

My (older) version of the MM1000 software is actually small enough to attach here in the form of .zip files, so here they are. May they prove useful to others looking for the same software.

MM1000E.zip is the content of the original 1992/3 DOS PC support software floppy disc for the Micromaster 1000 / 1000E.

MM1K_UD.zip contains later replacement files for some of the ones in the first archive. They expand the device list and improve on the user interface in some ways.

To install them (In DOS) extract the content of each .zip file to a separate floppy disc or HDD folder and then from within each of those discs / folders, starting with the original software disc folder, type (Example) INSTALL C:\ICE_TECH<enter> and the files will be self-extracted into the target folder. You end up with a number of folders and a few executable program files, for example run EPROM to run up the Eprom / Microcontroller / EEPROM / BPROM programming utility. If you then run the INSTALL file in the updates folder and specifiy the same target folder, the install process will overwrite the older files (you have to answer a lot of copy / skip / yes / no questions but it's worth the effort.

There's also CHIPTEST which I think is a 40xx/74xx series logic IC tester - it possibly does some SRAM ICs as well.

The device support list is not bad and includes quite a few Bipolar PROMs which many programmers don't do at all - but there are significantly more supported devices in the updated files than there are in the original files, so do apply the updates.

Jay, if you have time to check could you please let us know whether this software works with the Speedmaster (I appreciate you'll probably end up using the later Windows based WinLV software).
Attached Files
File Type: zip MM1000E.zip (689.1 KB, 193 views)
File Type: zip MM1K_UD.zip (807.3 KB, 190 views)