View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2019, 5:53 pm   #11
Pinörkel
Pentode

Default Re: Telequipment D75 scope.

Today I had some time to clean the front panels and do a test fitting of my temporary replacement knobs for CH2 Volts/Div, Horizontal Position, Time/Div A and Time/Div B, as can be seen

here

(sorry for the link, but the forum does not accept higher resolution images for upload). The first two knobs already work but the Time/Div knobs are still non functional due to the missing shaft collars. The Time/Div B knob is still a prototype, which I did only for experimenting with different ways of material post-processing to get the desired transparent look. I'm still unsure whether I will try to reproduce the original knob as closely as possible or go with the evenly toothed exterior shown here, which has better grip.

The glossy stuff on the V4 amplifier is a piece of OHP transparent film on which I printed a reconstruction of the front panel labels. This is a test for checking the accuracy of a label reconstruction I created because many parts of the original labels are damaged or missing. I am planning to print the final labels on a waterslide decal paper that can be used to transfer highly detailed labels onto a surface by placing a thin foil with the help of water.

Unfortunately, a closer inspection of the knobs on the V4 revealed that most of them have cracked. At the moment, I am still unsure if this can be fixed. Trying to glue the cracks back together would require the internal shaft collars to be removed in beforehand to get rid of the mechanical stress. However the knobs will surely break again upon re-insertion of the shaft collars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4061.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	184853