View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2020, 7:06 am   #59
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: The BBC Light programme

Repetitive advertising really gets my goat. It leaves me with a burning desire to never ever buy that product/service. It isn't just irritation, it makes the company behind it seem desperate, and with that much budget visibly going into advertising, how can their product be at a good price?

As you can imagine, I have fun if ever stopped or doorstepped by a market survey type person.

The BBC's repetitive trailers achieve the irritation without the commercial aspect, or do they? The BBC need good viewing/listening figures to impress their importance on their political masters... the ones who decide on next year's licence fee.

I rather like the BBC.

I just wish they didn't have to sell themselves quite so hard and more of their effort could go into programmes.

I mourn the passing of their gorgeous transmitting stations. School trips took me to Pole Moor (Moorside Edge), Holme Moss and Emley Moor. The first two were calm cathedrals to electromagnetic radiation. Emley was far more modernistic - they had buttons that lit up when pressed!

I mourn the passing of those wonderful yellow research reports and the people behind them.

David