View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2020, 9:23 pm   #30
slidertogrid
Octode

Default Re: Your TV collection...

I have now made a second album of the rest of the sets in my collection. the 19" Marconi was my parents first colour set that they bought. Previously we had a Decca 2230 which was rented from Granada for a year. I was probably around 12 when that set was new. The Marconi did sterling service until it was replaced when I started work. It then became a second set and was eventually stored for years. It is now back in use in my dining room.
The Set at the side of it is my treasured Invicta 7070U which I have owned since I was 11 or 12. I watched all my favourite programmes in my bedroom
Monty Python , Barretta, and of course because it was UHF I could get the Old grey whistle test on BBC2.

This thread certainly has brought out some fantastic collections! My thanks to all that have taken the trouble to post pictures.

It is really nice to see some of the old stagers it is also good to see some of the more modern sets being preserved for the future.
I am surprised not to see some of the Sinclair sets that seemed to be popular (despite the price) back in the day?