NormanW
Triode

Default Re: PYE W15 Electrical connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3VKM_Roger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanW View Post
Thanks Roger,

The motorcycle unit only has six connectors in the female plug, lettered A to F on the plug face and with the wire colours on mine as I already mentioned.

Thanks though for your response.

NW
Hi Norman,

I feared that might be the case, that the sealed construction of the M/C model would need waterproof connectors. I owned a M/C FM version many years ago but never had any info on it other than the similarity to the dash and boot mount versions inside.

If you have the info on the basic W15AM you should be able to trace back the connections from the power socket to the boards inside. One thought, didn't the M/C model have a PA speaker? Possibly they may have used spare lines in the power lead for the Tannoy speaker?

Good luck with the project,

Roger
The had a white Celestion speaker, handlebar mounted, and connected to the left BNC on the bade unit. Ive taken the unit off the bike so can open it for a look, although my experience is outside the control box rather than inside!

I'm trying to recreate a full wiring diagram for the bike, as none seem to exist, so in the interests of historical accuracy I really should chase down the answer!