View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2018, 12:51 pm   #11
Ian - G4JQT
Octode

Default Re: Wadar chassis nightmare! Suggestions?

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful replies. You have certainly given me some ideas. I'm aware of not letting perfection be the enemy of the good, but it's not even good, and as argus said, I'd be reminded of it each time I laid eyes on it!

I put the transfers/decals on myself after the paint was sprayed by one company that didn't want to get involved with lacquering decals. Now I know why. They were water-based and of the type the original guy said he could work with, and the guy who eventually did the lacquering.

I did consider powder coating with screen-printed lettering, but it was prohibitively expensive for a one-off job. While the Wadar amplifier is a competent performer, it's nothing special and I couldn't justify the expense and time involved in going down this route - although with hindsight...

So... I think evingar's approach is the one I'll go for, and is probably something I should have considered from the start. Small silver plaques with black engraving will probably look quite good, particularly with the over-glossy black finish. To make everything match, I'll go for the same to cover the Wadar logo etc. on the transformer box. (I tried to match Gerry's Wadar font, but even a graphic design expert couldn't track it down!)

So if you're watching this Gerry, hope you're enjoying it!

Thanks again everyone.

Ian