View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2016, 5:24 pm   #45
Julesomega
Nonode

Default Re: A precision voltage calibrator

I've only now seen this thread, but about the same time as it started I was repairing a lab PSU and I wanted to finish the job to my complete satisfaction by calibrating the meter for V & I and I ran into the dilemma of which DVM could best be trusted.
Then one of those eBay spooky coincidences happened 'you may also like...' and it presented me with a "4.096V DC precision voltage reference for arduino calibration by Fluke 8846A" - £3.99 from China, so I ordered one which is supposed to arrive this week.

This looks ample to give me a calibration reference which will meet my target for a Working Standard of voltage. I am hoping to be within ±0.1%, or 10mV at 10.00V.

I can't relate this product to the voltage references discussed above, nor do I understand where the Arduino or Fluke 8846A comes into the picture. The seller says that it uses a TL-431 from Texas Instruments. If we disregard the least significant figure I would still be happy with 4.10V

Thanks to Jerry for the links re EPE Magazine. I am hoping these will allow me to multiply and divide the reference to give two or more additional useful voltages