Thread: KB WV20 Warwick
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2019, 5:00 pm   #14
dazzlevision
Dekatron

Default Re: KB WV20 Warwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regentone001 View Post
Well the I.F transformer from dazzlevision duly arrived,many thanks Dave, and I fitted it with a bit of jickery pockery as the connections on it are different to the original and it works. As can be seen from the photos though it has what I can only refer to as streaking as can be clearly seen especially in the photo of the forces network image. I should know what causes this but for the life of me can't remember can anyone help please?
Steve
Hello Steve,

Of course, it could be that the IFT you fitted will require realignment, as it is in a different chassis to that in which it was aligned at the factory.

However, I would first check for problems in the video amplifier, as the symptoms appear to be of a poor low frequency response. There's usually a decoupling electrolytic in the cathode and possibly in the screen grid as well (I don't have the circuit to hand as I type this). Are any carbon resistors well out of tolerance? Have you replaced the paper dielectric capacitors in this area (e.g. yellow TCC types, Hunts black or brown Moldseals, etc.), as they will probably be very leaky?

Are the symptoms the same on 405 and 625 operation?

Did you check the vision detector diode in the IFT I sent you (as I advised)?

Dave