View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2020, 9:20 pm   #12
Gabe001
Octode

Default Re: Hmv 1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Tech View Post
Hi folks

I recently got this set and have started to restore it, the wooden part of the cabinet has of course the famous HMV logo on the top of the set but the stain and varnish are very bad and needs to be re done, saying this, the HMV logo will get destroyed if I strip the surface, is there any way I can save the logo then re-apply it to the woodwork after. Same goes the plastic part of the cabinet, this needs to be re worked so all the chipped marks are gone and re sprayed, the plastic section I had to repair on one corner so I will have to be gentle with this. I have yet to start work on the actual chassis as I had to do a bit of re gluing of the various parts of the wood to secure the wooden part of the cabinet, I think I have my work cut out for the winter alright. I noticed that the first valve which is supposed to be an X78 is an ECH81, obviously at some stage someone has been a bit clever and changed the base but what bothers me is is the performance of the modification going to match that of the X78. More on this to follow with pictures.

Regards

Ken

Hi Ken, re the hmv logo, if you damage it and are struggling with a DIY solution, you can buy really good quality waterslide decals from e-bay. They come from Peru (yes really!) and aren't cheap though. I haven't used them myself but I've seen pictures and they look great. The seller is epj24. Screenshot will give you the details you need.

Gabriel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201123-202123.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	221121