View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2019, 11:36 am   #31
cheerfulcharlie
Heptode

Default Re: Using Canned Air For Removing Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekjdm14 View Post
This is a great idea, and a variation on one I had toyed with recently having acquired a few valve sets full of fluffy dust. Wish I'd acted on the thought to be honest as since cleaning out my latest, Grundig 2065 set, I'm down with something that's giving me a nasty headache and sapping my energy. I half suspect it's the contents of said dust that is the cause.
Vidjoman says Lidl sometimes do proper attachments but if you cannot find them then the plumbing bits are all cheap.Not sure if vacuum cleaners have standard size hoses but plumbing pipes I think come in 40mm and 32mm (drainage) sizes and 22mm, 15mm and 10mm (water) sizes ..the reducer to 10mm is probably the key ingredient as you probably have some old rubber etc pipe around somewhere that will fit it, the wand at the end can be made of metal (ie say an old car aerial piece) which you can fashion to your spec and squash seal with a jubilee clip. as it is all cheap plastic you can chop around/glue straight in a 15mm to 10mm elbow reducer to a larger pipe. If your new attachment pipe is slack in the vacuum cleaner pipe then in my case a ribbed seal trimmed from a gutter piece did the job suitably glued.
The result is you have something more powerful than some of these small mickey mouse devices and you know where the dust is going.